Translate

Monday, June 17, 2013

Undertheweather & weigh-in ?

What weight-in?! 

Last meeting I did the following:


  1. Signed in

  2. listen to the meeting leader
  3.  talked to some friends
  4.  and then left.


 Was there something I had forgot? Yes. Did I kinda sorta mean to "forget"? Yes. I meaningfully didn't weigh-in because I was scared.

I'm thinking this isn't a great habit to fall into (for myself). For instance I have a friend who doesn't like weighing-in every week... she does better not knowing for about a month or so. This is proving to be a method that doesn't really work for me. I am scared to face the fact that I may have just gained more after I thought I would start making better choices.

The Stress factor
As a freelance artist I had recently had a long issue of a "client" not paying me for work I had delivered on. I proceeded to call their place of work (leave a message), their cell phone (leave a message), E-mail them and finally text them, I did this everyday for an embarrassingly long time. They did occasionally answer (never in a returned phone call, but rather text) but it was always a vague answer and never really an answer.

Yesterday was the day after about 8 months(?) that they finally decided it was time for them to pay me. This freelance job I'm referencing was one f my first freelance Illustration jobs and I had made a pretty massive mistake right out the gate! I hadn't made an official contract, what I had was an E-mail that my client agreed to but it seems kind of informal.

Lesson Learned.
by :PEARLEDEN@deviantart.com (not mine but oh so true)
Silver Lining
On the exact day that I had finally ended my struggle on getting paid.. I was contacted for a new freelance illustration job. It also just so happens to be another logo! Here's to a fresh start with a new client.

In my last meeting someone mentioned "When you are busy, it's less likely for you to eat all day.." or something along those lines. I am home usually, job hunting and when I do take a "break" my kitchen is always right around the corner. Since I can't move the distance between my kitchen and my room I plan on filling up my schedule and being more productive.
Instead of setting alarms for only waking up maybe I'll set alarms for things that need to get done.
Weeks are flying by like nothing at the moment.
Blog entry alarm could really help me out too. haha

I'll be weighing in this week on Saturday. Even if I'm scared but hopefully won't have to be.

Good Afternoon!
Wallflovver





2 comments:

  1. Some people in this world are just selfish. I can't believe this person waited for you to do the work and then bailed on the payment. It's too bad that you had to go through that for that length of time, but it was a hard lesson learned. At least more business came your way. When God closes one door, he opens another. I also love your idea to set alarms to get things done around the house... that's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, you are so sweet! :) Thank you. That's how I'm taking it I've had work since ( thank goodness) but this job that opened up right when this one closed (finally) hahah that's a great thing hhaha. You are very right! Yes, I wonder how many alarms my phone will allow in all! ha<3

    ReplyDelete

Wallflower's Progress