Translate

Monday, January 21, 2013

YAY! -50 lbs :) Weigh-In Update!!



This Week = -2.2 lbs 
Current Weight= 269.4 lbs
Start Weight = 320 lbs
Total Lost = -50.6 lbs
:)
YAY!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! Hello -50!

It's taken a while to get to this 50 lb. mark but it's finally here. This past week had an interesting twist at the end. It could be a result of weight loss and foods I've eaten in the past. But I'm not going to let this take away from how happy I am about getting to -50 lbs!

Now I'll be dealing with gallstones :{

I was in severe pain the other night, I woke up my parents to take me to the ER.
Turns out I've had gallstones for a while, it just started to come to light the other night! I was taken care of for the night, then went home to get some rest. Before I left the nurse was talking about how I'll be on a Bland Diet till I get the surgery. ( I've looked it up and saw that after the gallbladder is gone, diet will change then also)

The Bland Diet is calling for some very sudden changes in diet...I'll be on the bland diet for at least two weeks. Honestly, I'm  afraid to eat something wrong... it was so panful the other night! So far tonight I've had chicken broth with noodles and carrots. Thankfully I've had time to do more research before grocery shopping this afternoon.

I've found many of the lists of Bland diets & Galbladder diets contradict each other.. or at least there are a lot of items on these diets that get canceled out .
I just got back from the Grocery and found
I was specifically told to drink water (a lot), no eggs, no fatty greasy foods (urmkay!) Less than 3% fat generally, no tomatos, brocoli...raw veggies.

Chicken & Veggie Broths
Pudding (jello brand) & tapioca pudding ( the few puddings w/o egg)
Lean Turkey
Chicken
Mixed Veggies (for soup and rice..)
Rice
Nilla Wafers (ff)
Apple sauce
Bananas
And Fish..
Of course there are other things...but this will be about it for me from what I was told.
Cheerios and I are going to become besties!

All in all I'm trying not to use the pain meds that were given to cover the pain that I may have up till surgery time! ( in about two weeks or so)

Thankfully none of the gallbladder isues are going to interfere with time at the gym! I got in my usual time in at the gym nd then back at home I was in the mood to keep moving. 
Pictures from this past week!
Breakfast from this past week. Special K's Chocolatey Strawberry Cereal   with some Almond Breeze and a banana. :}

Breakfast from this past week. Two eggs and spinach with reduced fat mozzarella on top.
Giving Vanilla Pudding a shot, now that chocolate (and chocolate flavored anythings) are out for a bit :/
Also trying the reduced fat Nilla Wafers...pretty yummy!
I have no idea who's these are.. I asked everyone in our house! Nobody claimed em' :} So I've been using these for a few months.

Keeping my WW key ring someplace I see it every morning :) Infront of my mirror. It's a great reminder of where I am and where I'd like to be.

Hope everyone had a good week!

Good night!
-Wallflower

2 comments:

  1. I had to have my gallbladder removed. Having gallstones was the most painful thing I ever experienced. It felt so awful I cannot even describe it. It hurt in my chest, and in my back... oh just terrible. I hope you get better soon! I know how awful it is! Congrats on 50 pounds! What a great accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I'm not glad you had to experience this...but I'm glad I know someone else that I can talk to about this! O: Thanks so much!!! Yay, I know I'm happy/ excited. :D

    ReplyDelete

Wallflower's Progress