Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weigh-in Update & Crafts!


This Week = -.6 lbs 

Current Weight= 268.8 lbs

Start Weight = 320 lbs

Total Lost = -51.2 lbs


How is it that I'm always forgetting how much I love watermelon?! A few people recommended I  eat more watermelon and strawberries since I was having a problem getting enough fiber. I was happy to find out they will be in season sometimes very soon in March - July. :) Awesome!!!
*edit I was recommended to eat watermelon for how much water is in it..not so much the fiber it turns out.

So refreshing!  (Credit: Harsha K R/Flickr)
As for strawberries... they are okay. They are always kinda tart?
This week felt a bit uneventful.. and I just received a piece for my camera that was broken! So now I'll be able to take my own pictures again.

YAY Craft
I've been feeling like I need to do some crafting! You know that urge? " I need to make something with my hands..." kinda feeling.
I forgot to take a picture of the sides before I started... It was just a plain white ceramic  bowl that I've had since I was little... I never especially likes it and was about to throw it away...
But then I decided I should just bedazzle it.... So I cut out pictures from a few magazines and an Illustration from Alice In Wonderland I printed out. I have random print outs just for this reason.
THEN of course there needed to be beads glued to the top!
Sometimes I think I'm addicted to hot glueing...


I didn't really have a place to store my brushes ..so this was the perfect height for them!
(Front)
Turns out a friend of mine was giving away tons of brushes she never used. Before that I never needed a "place" for brushes. (Back)
My second project - Tissue paper flowers! There were made from coffee filters and colored with watercolors
the coffee filter flowers live here now :}


So a while back I had this same feeling and worked on ^those^ projects ... and I have one more I haven't done yet. I was waiting for some the next time I feel like making something! (now)
I bought tissue paper to make a pom pom for my room.


Seems easy enough! I'll be trying this tonight or this afternoon. :)

Have a great week!
Wallflower

8 comments:

  1. I just did a check and there isn't a lot of fiber in watermelon. But you sure can eat a lot of it for very few calories. So the more you eat the more fiber you'll get. I've always admired crafty people. I'm rather lacking in that department!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to know! I never checked since a few people had suggested it right off the bat haha.
    Aww, I'm sure you could do some great crafts haha, the flowers were surprisingly easy!
    Thanks Scribbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the site...so bright and pretty! Congrats on the weight loss so far. Wow, more than 50 pounds is amazing! Keep it up girl...I look forward to following along with you on your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss! I am the opposite, I LOVE strawberries but don't care for watermelon much. I used to eat it like crazy when I was kid though! Strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, It's funny seeing how your tastes change! I used to never like anything spicy ( thought mustard was spicy! -_-). Now I can enjoy a jalapeño. Funny! Thanks Amanda!

      Delete
  5. Oh those are gorgeous!!! I didn't really like watermelon until last summer. As for strawberries, "summer strawberries" (harvested in summer) are much more flavorful thank "winter strawberries".

    And as always, awesome job on the loss! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, gotta get everything when they are in season. I forget that just because they in there on my shelf doesn;t mean they are in season at their best! I'll try and remember about the strawberries, at some point I loved them! Maybe that's why :P

      Delete

Wallflower's Progress