Translate

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Shopping List Issues!


For the past few weeks I've been having a problem while shopping. I talked a little bit about how last time I was shopping the total surprised me. The problem may be- I don't officially make a list! I need to make up my mind on what I'll be making for dinners too! The past few nights I've been having fruits and random things I find for "dinner". I've been a little distracted by school & studying.

(Another problem could be I never know for sure where we will be going.. Publix,Target,Wallmart...)

If we end up going to Publix they should have their halloween "reusable grocery bags" I liked the designs last year.- If they are available I think I'll try and get a few :] In our kitchen, we have a drawer dedicated to the plastic bags* the drawer is packed*!

The plan is to go shopping tomorrow & I'll be making a list after I finish making this post :)
 I have more studying to do tonight! Tomorrow is Weigh In day!


Goodnight!
Wallflower

5 comments:

  1. I also have a drawer full of plastic sacks. I have a reusable Target bag, but often I forget to bring it with me. I use the plastic sacks to line all the trash cans in my house. I only use small trash cans since I live alone. 1 in office, bathroom, bedroom and kitchen. I go through the sacks using it for liners, otherwise they'd just be sitting there.

    Make a list! Make a plan based on what is on sale, silly girl. How can you not already do that? Get in the habit. Every Sunday I buy the 'Sunday paper' and clip coupons, compare prices and make a list. It is more efficient for time and fuel to only go to 1 store; ask them to price match. If you go to Walmart, take the current Target ad with you and show them the prices, they will match it on the spot. You will only hit one store, but get sale prices of all the stores. It's a wonderful thing.

    Your budget and diet will be happy if you stick to lists... this coming from a list-making-maniac. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Grocery Gadget app. You can set up separate lists for all the stores you go to, put in prices for items you regulary buy. As you shop it will give you a running total, you can even add tax if you want to be really accurate. And you can add coupons too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie- Haha you are so right! I remember checking out & the cashier mentioned the matching of the prices. I also use the plastic bags as liners :P but since there are 4 people living here they accumulate fast!
    I made a list & printed out some coupons :]

    Fatoutofskinny- I wish I had a phone that wasn't ancient! I bought this phone I have currently cheap off ebay. It's supposed to last me till I get my upgrade in a few months :} *this one is pretty basic. Till then I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I move out of my parent's house and in with my boyfriend...I plan to sit down with him and figure out some meal plans for dinner for us (we both work during the day mon-fri so breakfast and lunch aren't an issue for us most times). I'm kind of hoping to do like Rachel Ray does and make something Monday that can be used in a dish each day of the week but is different enough that we won't grow tired of it. Eating healthy is a big target for both of us. So hopefully menu planning is something that will help us out when the time comes for us to start building a home together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly- That's exciting & I'm sure that will be something fun to plan out together!

    ReplyDelete

Wallflower's Progress